Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tree's up!

Our Christmas tree is finally up! We usually do get it up closer to Thanksgiving, but this year my son has his own apartment and my daughter is at college. We didn't make a point of putting up the tree over Thanksgiving break, so we decided to wait until the daughter made it home. She got home tonight, so my son came over and we all decorated and ate Candy Cane Pie.

You know those trees you see in malls and magazines that have color themes and symmetry? Our tree will never, ever look like that. A lot of our ornaments are handmade - some made by us, some by friends and family, some purchased at crafts fairs. A lot of them are of animals. Some are just so darn cute. But few of them are alike. It's comfortable, homey, relaxed, even haphazard - a lot like my family. That's my kind of tree.