Saturday, April 4, 2009

A lovely day

I had a lovely birthday yesterday. I took the day off, just because. Loitered around in the morning, and Russ cooked breakfast for me. Then I took Bravo to the dog park. It's rather muddy right now, and he always comes back with filthy paws and feathers. Yesterday he decided to roll in a slightly muddy patch. So after playing with the Chuck-It for a while (I am so glad I bought that!) I brought him home and we took a shower together. He doesn't like being bathed, but he gets cheese, so it's all good.

Then I went to the mall, shopped a bit, saw Duplicity with Russ and shopped some more. I came home with 5 tops and a pair of pants - birthday presents to myself.

It was such a beautiful day, in a way it was too bad I spent several hours indoors. But I did take Bravo for a walk when I got home. I wished I'd taken my camera along - the evening light on the trees was just gorgeous with the beautiful blue sky and the half-moon. So I took some photos when I got home. Here's my favorite:

I like the buds on the trees - spring may yet come! I know it's cherry blossom time in DC, but it's still a ways off here.

To top off the day, we had dinner with Jason and Gaea at the Malt Shop (I love malts!). And then I had a nice long talk with my sister, and also with Karis. A great birthday! Thanks, everyone!