Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A world sprinkled with glitter

Every so often, there's a moment that makes me appreciate even the things I've been complaining about. This morning's walk was one of those moments. It was cold, but I have a clothing system that works down to about zero, and it was 7 or 9 this morning, depending on where you look. It was snowing again, but most of the sidewalks had been shoveled after yesterday's snow, and not much had fallen yet, so walking was not difficult. It was still dark, but the streetlights shining on the fresh snowfall made everything sparkle.

I did just walk around the neighborhood, and then through the woods, but it was beautiful and quiet. Did not see any people, animals or traffic, just me and the dog in a glittery world.

Shopping is almost done and I only work until noon today. Days are getting longer and it will definitely be a White Christmas. Best of all the whole family will be together this evening.

Happy Christmas Eve!