Monday, January 14, 2008

Bibliomania and dog years

I spent my lunch hour in Barnes and Noble. Again. This time, I had a gift card to spend. I had so much fun browsing books, knowing I didn't need to write down the titles of all of them so I could reserve them at the library. The sad thing was, so many books now are only available as trade paperbacks, so they cost almost twice as much as a mass-market paperback. Still, I brought home 4 books that I am looking forward to reading. Yea for more books!

That was all I was going to write. However, I just let the dog out seconds before Russ came downstairs. The following conversation ensued:
R: I heard the door close. Do you know where Bravo was going, who he was with, and when he would be home?
J: Actually, I do.
R: Well, he is pretty responsible.
J: Yes, for a dog. Of course, in dog years, he's an adult. In fact, in dog years he's older than our kids.
R: Wow, think of that. We've raised them all.