Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lark says hi!

I went to the barn this evening to visit Lark. I groomed him - he's really shedding - and then took him out for a walk. I thought that a little ground work could only be a good thing before I try to ride him. He tried to push me around a little at first, but soon learned I wasn't going to let him get away with just going for the grass. So then he waited until I told him he could. I let him graze a little and then we walked around the barn and back in the front. Not much, but a start. I brought an apple, but I learned from you, Karis - I broke it into 3 pieces first, then fed one to each horse.

I had taken Bravo along, just so he wasn't home alone. So after the Lark stuff, we walked around a little. Then Rae came, and Bravo and I walked around the track with Rae and Diana. Very pleasant, quiet evening.

But when will I learn to always bring my camera??? We went through Chaska on the way home, and the river area was all misty and picturesque. I really wanted that camera.

Fortune cookie of the day:
The rubber bands are heading in the right direction.