Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dog Park

It was a gorgeous fall day today. Bright blue sky, perfect temperature, just a little wind.


I decided it was a great day to go to the dog park. I have recently found that the park district has set up off-leash areas at several parks. I went to Bryant Lake last weekend, and Carver today. Both were fully fenced, with a double-gate entry system to foil escapees, and a small-dog section available. Bryant is much smaller - about the size of the Bloomington park we'd been using, but nicely laid out. Carver is huge - about 27 acres, I think it said. Mostly grass land, but there is a hill in the middle, and they've mowed paths through the grass. Bravo just loved it, yet he didn't want to be too far out of my sight.

We started walking around the park with a younger Golden and his owners. About halfway around, I had lagged a little behind and Bravo was around the bend, and ahead of the other two people. When he spotted me coming around the corner, he got quite excited. He did his little racing-around-in-circles-at-full-speed thing, and got both the Golden and a Great Dane to chase him. He can be FAST when he goes all out. After that, I continued to be behind the mother and daughter who were with the Golden, and Bravo kept running ahead, and then checking back to be sure I was there. It was quite cute.

After one circuit, though, Bravo decided we were going to leave. This has been his habit at the other dog park, as well. Today he actually got out into the exit area when another dog was leaving. I had to go get him, and then we went walking some more, while I took more pictures.


He found a tennis ball along the trail, and I threw that for him a bit. And when we got back to the entrance, I made sure that I took him well away from the gate to put on the leash. And that he waited nicely to be invited through.

Hope you all enjoyed the day, too.