Tuesday, September 20, 2011

By dawn's early light

I really do like walking at dawn. Even though there are inconveniences (like I need to take a flashlight and why did my tiny flashlight disappear over the summer so now I have to carry a honking big one?). And even though it was raining today (which made it darker than usual at this time of day).

But the streets are mostly empty and the streetlights make the scene prettier.



And there's always the chance of seeing some animals that are nocturnal or crepuscular (though not today). But the sky did turn pink. No, the sky doesn't really look pink in this picture, but it really was, and the street reflection kind of shows how pink it was.


And yes it was raining. I didn't take a long walk, but I did enjoy going out and seeing how the light changed and the reflections on the wet streets.