Saturday, September 10, 2011

Playtime with dogs

Today, I am grateful for agility, and particularly for the CPE organization. There are many different "venues" in which to compete in agility - AKC, NADAC, USDAA, etc. I'm only competing in CPE. I like it because everyone makes such a point of having a good time, not stressing too much about competition, and celebrating achievements, no matter how small. Everyone has been welcoming and helpful. Also, there are 7 different games, so a lot of variety.


This is a photo from today's trial. The little white dog at the far end is a Papillon belonging to my trainer. This particular game is called Jackpot. The setup here is more difficult than what I am working so far. This is the end of the game where the handler has to stay to the left of the yellow line while guiding the dog through 4 obstacles. I need to work on my distance handling...