Monday, September 3, 2007

A good day, forsooth

Russ and I went to RenFest yesterday. It was a beautiful sunny day, if a little hot. Jason seemed to be having a great time, of course. We watched a little of the Dew Drop Jugglers when we first got there, and then went back later in the afternoon to catch the full show. They are quite good this year. They seem to be making full use of the new juggler.

We left the first show to get to Vilification Tennis early. I'm not sure it is possible to get there early enough to get a seat in the shade, though. I annoyed Russ by wanting to leave the seat we did get because I couldn't hear very well (we were behind the judge). I love the concept, but I'd think it was funnier if there were fewer sexual jokes. But then, I suppose, that's Vil Tennis. I did think Pander was very good. I also think it's funny that they have trading cards this year.

When we went to see the second Dew Drop Jugglers show, we found that the schedule had been changed, and they were having King Henry's birthday. I thought the queen was so cute when she was kicking her feet in time to the music. I'm impressed that all of these people in their heavy costumes can look so happy when they have to be dying of heat.

Several of the kids' friends were there, and I also saw Jenny Miller, who had a great costume. I have fun just looking at all the people who come, and the costumes they wear. I'm a little envious of the self-confidence some of them must have, and their ability to ignore the heat. I always have to dress in short sleeves and shorts just to get through a few hours there.

I had to go see the sheep-herding show - it's always one of my favorites. I just love to watch border collies work. After that, we'd had enough. We went home and I pretty much crashed for the rest of the day. There are lots more pictures, though.

Fortune cookie of the day:
You have a chance to help someone out right now in a big way.