Monday, July 7, 2008

Car, Connections, Quizzes

Well, good news - sort of - about my car. The A/C blower was working again today. I took it in to the shop and they thought it might need a new ignition module, but had a fairly simple way to test to see if that is a problem in case it happens again. So they just kept it for the day and did routine maintenance. And ordered a part for the back-seat problem.

I just got distracted for a minute there. On Deb's blog, I found in her library a book by Patricia Wrede that I had never seen before. That led me to Amazon, and their list of "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought". I scrolled through some, and found this book by Robin McKinley - and then I found Robin McKinley's blog. She blogs about horses and bell-ringing and other interesting stuff - though her footnotes are very hard to follow.

I really like the books I've read by these two authors, and look forward to some new ones. Yea for rambling connections that lead to other connections...

Here's a quiz I stole from Deb. Sometime, maybe I should steal from other people...




The Road Trip of Your Life



You see companionship and loyalty as what's most important in life.

You live life at a fairly leisurely pace. You take time to enjoy the sweeter parts of life, even when you're busy.

You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled.

You are able to find a fairly healthy balance between work and play. You work when you need to, but you never let yourself burn out.

You could have owned an indie bookstore or boutique in another life.