Sunday, July 6, 2008

A relaxing weekend

Hooray for long weekends! I'm not really ready to go back to work, but I have quite enjoyed doing not much of anything this weekend.

Highlights:

1. Several walks with Russ and Bravo. And one today with just Bravo to the gardens by Lake Harriet.

2. Wonderful meals cooked by Russ, including Sticky Lemon Chicken, bacon & eggs, a traditional hot dogs and chips meal on the 4th, and this morning, pancakes with yummy homemade maple syrup from Jason and Gaea.

3. Books - read Tanya Huff's Summoning the Keeper and a biography of Georgette Heyer, and now I'm re-reading one of my favorite Heyer books.

4. Had lots of fun obtaining and arranging Flair on Facebook.

5. Dropped by North Star to see some of the horse people with whom I spent so much time in the past. Had a very nice chat with one of Karis' friends.

6. Spent some more time working on my LibraryThing catalog - and still have tons to load.

One unfortunate thing though - I have a couple of problems with my vehicle. The latch on one of the seats is broken - the one I use most often to allow Bravo access to the back. And then this afternoon, the A/C stopped working. Just the front fan, though - the one in the back still works. And it was a long drive back from Lake Harriet at 93 degrees. So now I have to get it to the shop this week.

Here's a photo of the fountain behind the Lake Harriet rose garden. I would have liked to jump in - it was really hot out there. (As always, clickable to see it larger.)