Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stormy weather

After a few days of beautiful weather, we had a huge storm today. The sky was black and it rained so hard that you could hardly see houses on the other side of the street. I timed things quite well - I left work about 12:20 and came home for lunch, arriving seconds before the bottom fell out. During the worst part of the storm, my co-worker called from the office and said the power was out - and it is really dark in that office, with only a few narrow windows on 2 sides and cube walls in the middle. Even now that the rain has stopped, the power is still out, so we've been given permission to go (or stay) home. Yea for free half-days!

I'm really enjoying reading Robin McKinley's blog. I could have guessed she was a horse-lover from the way she writes about them, but her tales of riding kind of make me wish I had Athena back and could try dressage. Except of course for the horrendous cost. I think I will keep living that dream vicariously.

Here are my results for what kind of music I am. I'm not entirely sure how well this describes me. Feel free to let me know what you think. And if you take the quiz, do let me know your results.




You Are Classical Music



You are a somewhat serious person who enjoys studying subjects deeply.

Art of all kinds interests you, and a good piece of art can really effect you emotionally.

You are inspired by human achievement, and you appreciate work that takes years to accomplish.

For you, the finer things in life are not about snobbery - they're about quality.