Thursday, July 3, 2008

Internet overload

I've been thinking about how many different Internet sites I have now.
- I started with Picasa, which I do still update - sometimes.
- After I bought my Mac, I made a site on mac.com, but I don't update it anymore.
- Then I started blogging here - and that's a bit sporadic lately
- I found out about LibraryThing and started cataloging my books there, but I still have a lot more to add
- And there's GoodReads, where I keep track of books I borrow from the library and other people.
- I got on Plaxo because of my internet provider, but have no idea what I want to do with that
- Now I've gotten involved in Facebook, too, and have been spending way too much time working with the special applications there (like Flair!)
- And I recently created a Second Life character - just to try it out. Slow going, so far.

So I have a website, a blog, 2 book catalogs, 2 networking sites, an avatar -- and 2 email addresses (not counting my work one). And this keeps me at the computer at home - apparently until midnight on days like today - when I work on a computer all day long. Maybe I was wise back in the 80s when PCs first became popular -- I refused to do much with them because I spent my work day programming on a mainframe and wanted to do other things in my non-work hours.

Right now, I think I'll go read. Good night.